Are you like me? I spent my adult life giving 100% or more to my job. Up at 4:30 am to be sitting at my desk at 7:30. When I was a retail store manager, weekends belonged to the marketplace, never time for my self-renewal or reflection.
I learned some powerful lessons during that period of my life. Some of them were:
- Other’s needs always came first
- My desire to express my creativity always came last
Actually, my self-expression was at the bottom of everyone’s list, especially my own. I felt
- Stuck and stalled out
- Frustrated from designing stuff in my head with no way to let it out
- Bored at work
- Tired of putting others first and feeling like a doormat
- Unappreciated for all my efforts
My creative urges were swept into the corner while everyone else’s needs feasted at the table.
Sanity came through making music and crochet. I practiced my guitar in the quiet empty house, singing at the top of my lungs to the scheffalera in the corner. Watching TV, my nimble fingers were busy with crochet, a skill I learned at age 6.
And looking back I remember that during the times when I lost myself in a complicated doily pattern or made music on my guitar, I felt connected to me.
When I pushed the edge of my creative envelope, I felt alive. I felt grounded.
When I found time to be creative, I regained my center of gravity. I was able to stay calm in crisis, to problem-solve without a sense of panic, and to laugh more. I was more balanced.
I want that for you.
I learned over the years how to keep my creativity alive amidst all the pressures of life, and I can teach you how to do that too.
Once I broke free from the day job to focus on my coaching practice, the lessons just kept coming. I learned:
- How to put action behind my dream
- How to find more time to create
- What I need in place to feel in control of things
- That life always presents you with exactly what you need
Who am I?
I’m a workshop leader focused on giving you the big picture. My gift is to take conceptual ideas and put them into an understandable framework that you can use.
And as a certified and credentialed coach, over the last 20 years I’ve worked most often with scientists and engineers and accountants and lawyers. There was nothing “wrong” with the career they already had, in fact, by every measure they were “successful.”
And bored. Feeling flat. No challenge. Stalled out.
Hungry for something else, but they didn’t know precisely what. A few knew their passion but never seemed to find the time it required.
Honestly, though, when you boil it down: their creativity was stifled.
What got in their way every time was exactly what made them successful:
- Figuring it out
- A drive to be “correct” at all times.
Working with me, though, they learned that ambiguity, instinct and serendipity are allies. Creativity shows up in random ways, unforseen places and never at the “right” time.
If feeling stifled is the issue, releasing your soul’s expression brings freedom
When I watched my clients unfurl the creative side of themselves, amazing transitions occurred.
- One client went from accountant to jeweler
- A telecom executive tapped into his physical vitality and is now an Iron Man triathelete.
- An attorney, once she tapped into her diversity value, ended up teaching in Mongolia (!).
- A corporate trainer now heads her own curriculum development company.
My clients have left careers in accounting, law, engineering, and other technical fields to become actors, authors, artists, athletes, and entrepreneurs.
They didn’t always leave their profession. Instead, they found creative ways to find more fulfillment in their current work. Interesting new paths opened up. Some were promoted, some recruited away, and some added outside interests to balance their lives.
There is really no end to the variety of what’s possible.
Every one of them went through a growth process that brought head and heart together to direct their path. Not only do they now have something to live on, but they also have something to live for.
Creativity is in everyone and it must be expressed.
You may not recognize or see it, but you have a spark that is unique to you and the world is incomplete until you tap into it and share. That spark is your soul’s expression.
One way to tap into it is through creativity. You don’t have to be talented to be creative. You don’t have to be an artist to be creative. You only need to be willing.
Stifling creativity harms your spirit. It prevents your soul’s calling from manifesting what you’re on this earth to do. It hardens your heart, your compassion, and often leaves you bitter about life.
Einstein said, “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking thinking that created them.”
Our world is becoming desperate for individuals to tap into their creative minds to create a better environment, a richer life experience and a healthier world for all.
Creativity, releasing your soul’s expression, is that different level of thinking.
What is Dreams Arising?
Dreams Arising is a 3-hour workshop that will acquaint you with the landscape of desires and dreams. You’ll gain an understanding of and tools to navigate that landscape.
It is an invitation to your creativity. It is permission to release your soul’s expression.
I work magic with conceptual models. The concepts you’ll learn in this workshop will make the gobbledegook of the new age make sense.
When you understand how things flow and how your behavior influences the direction your life takes, then you can begin to choose where to focus.
Intentionally direct your focus and you can change your life in unimaginable ways.
- You’ll develop courage. You’ll say what you need to say even though it scares you.
- You’ll recognize and empower your inner strengths. (Often, seeing our inner strengths is like a fish seeing water. A stubborn kid often matures into a tenacious adult.)
- You’ll trust yourself.
- You will allow others to receive your gift and yourself to receive abundance.
“I learned to “love on” my dream and to use more weapons! This class was fantastic and timely! So encouraging!”
In this class, you’ll learn conceptual models that explain physical and non-physical reality and how the rules are not the same. You’ll also recognize explosions of resistance between the two, where the Dreamkillers live.
You’ll see how Dreamkillers work against your Dream and how the tools you already possess will deflect them.
By the time you leave:
- You’ll see how this “universe stuff” supports you and how you can work with it
- Your compelling dream will ignite your fire and you will begin to make it happen
- You’ll have more creative time
- You’ll trust yourself more
- You’ll have support and community along your journey
- You’ll have a deeper understanding of your own creative power
“Inspirational, thought provoking, mind-expanding”
Dreams Arising: Release Your Soul’s Expression
Your Dream reveals itself through your creativity and longs to be released, to be made manifest, to exist in reality.
Whether it involves a paintbrush, a loom, an amplifier, an engineering dilemma, a scientific question or something else, your Dream must be expressed.
In this 1-hour class you’ll:
- Clarify your Dream, your soul’s expression, and deepen your resolve
- Better understand what gets in your way and where you need to focus to stay strong
- Leave more courageous and armed with a powerful weapon to keep your Dreamkillers at bay.
Upcoming opportunities to JOIN IN:
Sunday, August 25, 2019
12:45 pm, after potluck lunch
Unity Church of the Ozarks 1402 McKissic Creek Center
Bentonville, AR 72712 (near 71/ Walton Interchange)
Suggested love offering: $25.00 at the door
To reserve your spot: Call 479-721-2752
80% of proceeds will benefit Unity Church of the Ozarks
This class will be one of the breakout sessions at:
Create Your Life Playshop
September 28, 2019
Hilton Fort Collins, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
$79 includes lunch, a selection of 10 inspired speaker presentations, and 20 local vendors. $89 at the doorContact Me Today!