Dreams ArisingOpen the door to your creativity!
Are you like me? I spent my adult life giving 100% or more to my job. Up at 4:30 am to be sitting at my desk at 7:30. When I was a retail store manager, weekends belonged to the marketplace, never time for my self-renewal or reflection.
And it was always a job. I was helping make ends meet while we were still married and raising children; I didn’t have a career until I was suddenly on my own. And then, suddenly responsible for a 13-year old daughter dealing with her feelings of her parent’s divorce, the load just got heavier.
I learned some powerful lessons during that time in my life. Some of them were:
- Other’s needs always came first
- My desire to express my creativity always came last
Actually, my self-expression was at the bottom of everyone’s list, especially my own. I felt
- Stuck and stalled out
- Frustrated from designing stuff in my head with no way to let it out
- Bored at work
- Tired of putting others first and feeling like a doormat
- Unappreciated for all my efforts
My creative urges were swept into the corner while everyone else’s needs feasted at the table.
Sanity came through making music and reading. I lost myself in compelling fiction and practiced my guitar in the quiet empty house. Around family gatherings, my hands were always busy with crochet, a skill I learned at age 6. I kept a journal that no one knew about.
I knew, deep inside, during those times when I lost myself in a complicated doily pattern or memorized a new song and sang at the top of my lungs, that those were my times of renewal.
When I pushed the edge of my creative envelope, I felt grounded.
I felt connected to me.
When I found time to be creative, I felt like I regained my center of gravity
I want that for you.
I learned over the years how to keep my creativity alive amidst all the pressures of life, and I can teach you how to do that too.
Once I broke free from the day job to focus on my coaching practice, the lessons just kept coming. I learned:
- How to put action behind my dream
- How to find more time to create
- What I need in place to feel in control of things
- That life always presents you with exactly what you need
Who am I?
I’m a workshop leader focused on giving you the big picture. My gift is to take conceptual ideas and put them into an understandable framework that you can use.
As a certified coach, over the last 20 years I’ve worked most often with scientists and engineers and accountants and lawyers. There was nothing “wrong” with the career they already had, in fact, by every measure they were “successful.”
And bored. Feeling flat. No challenge. Stalled out.
Hungry for something else, but they didn’t know precisely what. Sometimes they knew their passion but never seemed to find the time it required.
Honestly, though, when you boil it down to the essential reason they hired me as their career coach: their creativity was stifled.
What got in their way every time was the very attribute that made them successful: reasoning. Figuring it out. Logic. Analysis Paralysis. The urge to develop spreadsheets was very strong.
There is a drive to be “correct” at all times when ambiguity and serendipity are what often lead you to the fullness you desire.
When my clients unfurled the creative side of their brain and personalities, amazing transitions occurred. One client went from accountant to jeweler, another in telecom tapped into his physical energy and became a triathlete.
An attorney, once she tapped into her diversity value, ended up teaching in Mongolia (!). A corporate trainer now heads her own curriculum development company.
My clients have left careers in accounting, law, engineering, and other technical fields to become actors, authors, a Ph.D. professor, artists, athletes, and business owners.
And when they didn’t leave the profession they were in, they found creative ways to find more fulfillment in their current work. There is really no end to the variety of what’s possible.
Every one of them went through a growth process that allowed both head and heart to direct their path.
Not only do they now have something to live on, but they also had something to live for.
Dreams Arising can help
I work magic with conceptual models, and the ones you’ll see in this workshop will make the gobbledegook of the new age make sense. When you understand how things flow and how your behavior influences the direction your life takes, then you can begin to choose where you focus.
When you intentionally direct your focus, you can change your life in ways you can’t even imagine now.
- You’ll develop courage. You’ll say what you need to say even though it scares you. You’ll stand up for yourself in the moment, not in your head 3 hours later.
- You’ll recognize and empower your inner strengths. Often, seeing our inner strengths is like a fish seeing water. Being called stubborn as a kid often translates to an adult who is tenacious, and tenacity often can best any challenge.
- You’ll trust yourself and be brave. The creations that spring from you will not only cause your spirit to thrive but when you are brave and release them to the world, you will allow others to receive your gift. That fulfills the creativity process.
What is Dreams Arising?
Creativity is in everyone and it must be expressed. Strong words, I know, but true.
You may not recognize or see it, but you’ve been gifted with a tool that will expand your existence and ultimately the existence of the world. You have a spark that is unique to you and the world is incomplete until you tap into it and share.
Dreams Arising is a workshop designed to acquaint you with the landscape of desires and dreams and give you an understanding of and tools to navigate that landscape.
You’ll learn conceptual models that explain physical and non-physical reality and how the rules are not the same. You’ll also recognize explosions of resistance between the two, where the Dreamkillers live.
You’ll see how Dreamkillers work against your Dream and how the tools you already possess will deflect them.
By the time you leave:
- You’ll see how this “universe stuff” supports you and how you can work with it
- Your compelling dream will own you and you will begin to make it happen
- You’ll have more creative time
- You’ll trust yourself more
- You’ll have support and community along your journey
- You’ll have a deeper understanding of your own creative power
When: Friday, Feb. 15 from 5 to 8 pm
Where: Who Gives a Scrap, 1125 W. Drake Rd, Ft. Collins CO
To Register: call 720-939-3962 or email email@example.com
When: Wed. Feb 20 from 10 am to 1:00 pm
Where: The Blue Moose Art Gallery, 4032 S. College Ave A3 Fort Collins, CO
To Register: call The Blue Moose at 970-825-5704
“I learned to “love on” my dream and to use more weapons! This class was fantastic and timely! So encouraging!”
“Inspirational, thought provoking, mind-expanding”
JeanneContact Me Today!